Saturday, April 18, 2015

Wimborne Market take 2

Before I forget, yesterday Ethan was using his Mickey Mouse stickers so we started singing "Hey Mickey, you're so fine, you're so fine you..." And Ethan finishes it off with "...blow my nose. Hey Mickey!" So then I googled that song for us to listen to and wow, way more suggestive than I ever realized (I only knew that little rift in the middle!). 

Last night Chris and I enjoyed our fancy pants dinner alone at Storm. So grateful to his coworker Andrew for a night out! Chris has his little boy look in this photo.  His whole fish (I'm not a fan of the whole fish entrees) had some serious little teeth on it! No idea what that vegetable side of his was but it was good!


Ha, he admitted that while mine was a more common everyday fish variety (cod but with a mustard sauce on mashed potatoes), mine tasted better. 


Today we returned to the once a month Wimborne Farmers Market (this time with cash) and got some yummy teas, vegetables, sausages, and free range eggs.


We started off with coffee this morning and Ethan insisted on getting a steamed milk (even though this was not the place we go that gives a free Babyccino-they charged me what you could get a gallon of milk for!). He might have accidentally catapulted the cup off the tea plate--whoops! We talked to this random old couple that was telling me that two of the public schools in Old Town Poole (that I was going to look at) were good schools. That is good to hear. 

I found this beautiful Italian leather purse on sale at a store in Wimborne. The straps convert into a backpack as well. They had me at "hands-free"! Not only pretty but functional too. :)


I thought these were clever:


And this was neat (may have to return and get it for Ethan)--a 3D castle puzzle! How cool is that?


And then we killed some time (we had 4.5hrs while Chris worked) by getting ice cream. Ethan was super nice about sharing his cone with Hailey and I (yah!). It's New Forest Ice Cream (New Forest is about 45min. from Poole) and we also sampled Purbeck Ice Cream (also local and very creamy). Every time he gave her a bite, he'd say "Good job, Hailey. You got the good stuff!"


I love how he is sticking out his tongue here as well (either instinctively or to show Hailey how to lick):




No comments:

Post a Comment