Friday, April 17, 2015

Fabric Conditioner

Some days feel like a major test in patience and some days I am failing miserably. Our store outing today was kind of like that:
-Hailey is crying and crabby so we just need to keep the stroller moving and finish up since we are already halfway done and need to check out.
-Ethan wants to touch every.single.thing. And asks if he can get half the items in the store.
-Ethan waits until he desperately has to go to the bathroom and no stores have a bathroom (and I just asked him 5min. Earlier if he had to go since they had a bathroom).
-Can't find what I'm looking for and salespeople are totally unhelpful.
-Hardware store total comes to 4.50 and they won't let me use a card unless it is 5  (meanwhile Ethan is prancing around the store about to pee his pants).
-Of course I got milk and two bottles of wine and all sorts of other stuff that is heavy into one bag and my hand is about to fall off as we run home with Ethan whining and steer the stroller with one hand.

But, we made it and all was well and it's nap time--hallelujah! And tonight is date night-yah!

We ran into Margie at the store while I was asking some random elderly woman what the deal is with this fabric conditioner (and Hailey was losing it). :) I think I finally have this laundry thing figured out. Our clothes have really been taking a beating (really rough and getting balled up and Chris' socks are the size of my socks now) so I have been hanging everything to dry and have been taking out delicates before the spin cycle. And we realized that the hard water is probably to blame. The water here is super hard--if you just let water sit in the kettle for a day, it has scales on the side of the kettle. And the landlords warned us that we have to soak the shower head in this solution once a month because it will just stop working because it gets clogged. So, I was trying to find an unscented fabric conditioner and apparently it does not exist. I finally settled on the most subdued scent I could find--Gold Orchid. Most of them are heavily perfumey scented which drives Chris and I crazy. (Ha, I brought all this unscented Charlie's Soap powder with me but I can't really use it because I'm not sure how much to use because of the odd size washer and you need a special booster if the water is hard?) Ha, look at all the scent options there were:


Ok, well, we got that settled (hopefully). 

Here was Ethan cutting paper while Hailey was napping. He said "I'm still not sick of cutting yet!" He's on a roll:


With his babyccino to go (Some guys today thought I really got my kid some coffee. :) We are from Seattle but I'm not that crazy. Not to mention he has more than enough energy already!):


Check out this fish (it seals at the top and they have instructions to just cook it in the bag so you don't dirty a pan in the oven--brilliant! They also ask you if you want butter, lemon seasoned butter or garlic herbs butter to throw in with it. We are trying the sweet chili flavored fish.):


Hailey with our new crab bucket (we also got a crab net) to go catch crabs off the pier. I think this will be a great free activity!:



No comments:

Post a Comment