Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A Bit of Pampering

Today, Margie watched the kids for 2hrs. while I went to the nearby Bella Rose Beauty for a mini mani and pedi and some alone time. It was glorious! It was quiet and there was just one other person in there. The manicurist was super nice and fun to chat with. She was telling me about how most wedding venues are booked 2yrs out! Crazy! And she recommended several nearby restaurants. For the pedi, they have you lay down on the padded lounger (like in a doctor's office) after your feet soak. Goosebumps. She seemed totally surprised by my 15% tip, perhaps that was high for here. I can't remember the last time my fingernails were painted, it's been awhile. They are a nice shiny rose platinum. It's bound to not last long with hand-washing dishes but I'll enjoy it while it lasts. 

Here's a pic of the kids with their Italian sticks last night. I remember loving these things as a kid. We'd get them when we went to Sorrento's with my grandparents and would pretend they were cigars. These ones are longer somehow:



Ethan was cracking me up the other night when I was making crepes. He had his chair pulled next to the stove to watch and Hailey's high chair was pulled up as well. He said, "I'm watching how you do it so I will be able to make them one day when I'm a little daddy." Ha, I think it was the "little daddy" part that made me laugh. Then today he was watching me put on makeup sitting at the vanity and he said it was cool and he wanted one someday when he was a little daddy for his little mommy to use. (His future wife I guess?) :)

Beautiful day out today, need to get back out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment