Friday, April 10, 2015

Poole Pottery

Yesterday Margie asked Ethan if he was excited to go to school and he said "No, I just want to be with my family and my sister ALL the time." Ha, I don't know if he was joking but that was one for the books (that is bound to change). Plus, the other day he said he wanted to go to preschool! 

Today we went to Poole Pottery. That place is ginormous and it was a fun interactive field trip. Downstairs they have pottery and all sorts of nautical decorative things for sale (mom, the biggest assortment I've ever seen-you'd love it), other housewares and a pottery wheel demonstration area. The guy walked us through making a whole teapot with lid, handle, spout etc. and there was a lady painting pottery as well. Very interesting. 



Upstairs was a kids "paint your own pottery" area which I had a 2Pound off coupon for. After some deliberation (and discovering they were out of penguins), Ethan painted a turtle. I helped him a tad at first but then decided that I should just (resist the temptation to help and) let him do the whole thing himself. It is a colourful abstract turtle and all his! He let Hailey help him a little bit as well (she was feeling left out). 




They also had clothes, shoes, luggage (you name it!) and a cafe/seating area-the place is huge!


Well, then we got home and Hailey took a dive off the wooden chair onto the concrete patio. She has learned to climb up all by herself and goes and just sits in the chair and looks at her book so I thought she was fine (until this afternoon).  It scared the crap out of me. Her mouth was bleeding quite a bit and my mind was racing thinking, "Do I need to seek medical attention? Gosh, I don't even know where to go!" It was really hard to tell at first but I think it was a cut on the inside of her mouth/upper lip area (and not her front teeth gum area). It stopped bleeding after awhile and she calmed down so I think that she is okay. Between the shiner on her forehead and now a scrape under her nose and potential fat lip, this little bruiser has had a rough week. I need to find out where the nearest place to take the kids is before the next incident... At least we have been talking to our neighbor the past few days (nice old man that has been living there for 30yrs. and is out pressure-washing his patio) so we could ask him in a pinch. Today we asked him what restaurants he'd recommend in the area and he told us that Witherspoons was good food and reasonably priced (he said that the owners of our place frequent the place and that is where he likes to go occasionally as well). 

Tonight we are going to grab Fish and Chips. We have made it our mission to find the best Fish and Chips on the Quay. Lord knows how many fish & chips shops there are, if we went once a week, it may take awhile!

Oh, this sign at a nearby pub cracked me up. (A "crèche" is childcare.) Granted I'd prefer a babysitter for the kids (and Chris and I go), it was quite clever. 


Tea time before dinner:


No comments:

Post a Comment