Saturday, September 12, 2015

TK Maxx

I had to do a double-take when I saw this today. The perfect example of how everything in England is just slightly different (even TJ Maxx!). 


We rode the bus an hour each way to go to Castlepoint Shopping Centre in Bournemouth. I was on a mission to find jeans that fit well. Why I brought both kids along, I do not know (it was not my brightest idea). However, my mission was successful-NEXT (this store is much bigger and has way more merchandise and carries a lot more petite things) has some petite jeans that fit me perfectly, are super comfortable AND they are only £22! I ordered some more that they are going to ship to the Dolphin Centre store near us in Poole. Yet another reason to love NEXT (seriously-they need this store in the US--Seattle specifically.) Check out this cute little pink moped shirt I got for Hailey:


Ethan saw some pink minion leggings in the girls section that he wanted. He is minion obsessed these days (and my goodness, there is no lack of minion merchandise everywhere!).

Hailey is going through a flip flop phase now. Which means I have to keep putting them on her feet 50 times a day. She was so obsessed with Ethan's Lightning McQueen ones that she was taking them to bed with her. Some kids love stuffed animals or blankets, Hailey has clung on to coats and shoes from the get-go. :) We got her a purple polka dot pair at the pound store today so they will at least fit her feet a little better than Ethan's pair. 

Hmm, we have a little song that we sing, "Be nice, be nice, be nice" to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell". It's surprisingly catchy for only having two words over and over again. :) 

On the bus, I was pointing out things and there was a nice green lawn. Ethan said, "Its nice and evenly mowed. It looks like a nice place to relax and have a picnic and tea party." Ha, must be the English influence.

We picked up "Annie" at one of the charity shops for £1.50 and Ethan and I really enjoyed watching it. He gets so engrossed in movies (like I do). I scoured the library and all of the charity shops for "Oceans 12" but couldn't locate it anywhere-we got 11 and 13 the other day but I can't find 12.

The kids have been really close lately and Ethan wants to sleep in the same room all the time lately. (But I keep them separate so they will both go to sleep sooner). He really loves sleeping on her floor in a sleeping bag when we have guests. I guess he tried to pull one on Margie the other night by telling her that he slept on the top bunk in her room when she was watching them the other night.

No comments:

Post a Comment