Thursday, September 10, 2015

Durdle Door and Lulworth

Today was glorious sunshine and the perfect day to head out to Durdle Door (I was actually kind of hot in my long sleeve top but was too lazy to take it off/carry it/put on sunscreen. Chris was driving there and I was taking care of trying to purchase our Legoland discounted tickets over the phone. Wow, the frustration, don't even get me started. The overview:
-Had been trying for 3 days now to get tickets online and was unsuccessful after many many attempts/trying different cards and different things and kept getting a technical difficulties message.
-Had made three different calls and heard 3 different things.
-First call on Fri. to make sure that we could buy two of the "one adult with one 3-5yo tickets". Hailey (under 3) is free but they were cheaper than the one adult tickets. Heard "sure!".
-2nd call Saturday to tell them that purchasing them online was not working. They said they could put through the discounted preschool/adult tickets but not parking or Qbots. But they would have to mail (taking 5business days and might not get here) or pick up there and couldn't email them. They couldn't help with Internet issues even though that was the quoted number to call when I got the technical errors messages and apparently I needed to email someone (which takes up to 5 business days to get a response). Guess I'll keep trying online and hope it is fixed later.
-3rd call on Sun. to just buy the discounted tickets and pick up there, only now they were saying they didn't have access to those tickets AND I wasn't allowed to get two of them since Hailey is 1 and not 3-5. Ok, now I'm throughly frustrated (who knows how many hours I've put into this now and after all this time/effort, I am going to get those tickets, dammit!) and demand to speak to the manager.
-The manager calls me back and says she needs to listen to the calls to make sure they told me I could get those discounted tickets.
-She calls me back again and says she will allow me to get two and they will do a special thing in IT by hand to ring through these tickets just for me. (Good!) And that it probably wouldn't go through online earlier because it was a US credit card (even though it had you select the country from a pop down menu for the credit card and for the billing address, making you think it wasn't an antiquated system that couldn't handle foreign cards). What about PayPal, people? She'll call me back.
-She gathers all of my info and apparently the system shut down. She'll call me back.
-She gets all of my billing info. AGAIN and it sends me two different confirmation messages and codes making me wonder if I got billed twice for this. Oh gosh, ANOTHER thing. But whatever, we got the tickets. Legoland better be freaking awesome. :)

It was all taken care of and put behind me by the time we reached Durdle Door and my, was it beautiful:




Family shot with Durdle Door arch in the background:




This kid has quite the throwing arm:


These kids love exploring the beach and throwing rocks into the ocean (it just never gets old)!





Mom wanted a pic with the boat through the archway:


Look at those cute little toes popping out of the rocks:



A little too cold to swim IMO but that didn't stop some! Coastline in background:


Lulworth Dinosaur statue. Ethan is wearing his coat as a kilt because his pants got soaked earlier:


Nice bbq fish dinner and early birthday celebration for Hailey:



So excited about the London wooden bus ("bussie!!"), taxi and race car:


Ethan didn't handle it very well that Hailey  got presents and he didn't. 


Wooden duck with wellies:




No comments:

Post a Comment