Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Interesting Food Choices

Last week I tried to pay for my childcare punch card which (after speaking with the new membership guy before joining) I had understood it to be £10 for 10 visits and they cross one off each time. For August, since I went quite a bit and had both kids many times, I just did the £20 unlimited childcare option. Anyhow, I was trying to settle up for Sept. But then I came to realize later that it is £1 per hour per kid. It came up as £7 and the girl said, "oh, that must be because Sept is already 1/3 of the way through." So I said, "I don't get it, is this just to be used only in Sept, use it or lose it? And does £7 only get me 7hours now? (Because some of the class times are at weird times and I have to do 1.5hrs a lot of times.) And what if I needed more hours towards the end of the month?" This girl just stared at me blankly. And asked around and nobody knew. What kind of business are they running here? Don't people have to purchase these all the time? And why isn't it just a straightforward punch card, where they cross off time as you use it until it is gone and you buy another? Because that would be way too simple and all the employees might actually know what is going on!  :) So I didn't do anything and was just going to take care of it the next time I came in which was today. And yet still nobody had a clue. And the system showed me as already paying £10 for Sept and they physically couldn't put it in to purchase another punchcard. So she asked the manager and he said to just let it go and I get a free month of childcare. Ah well, at least it worked out in my favor. :)

Saw this sign--what do you think it is? Whatever the case, it doesn't sound very appetizing:


Here is what it must be-some meatball sort of thing (it was the only thing in gravy so this must be it):


This tea special at the Bhs looking interesting:


However, after not feeling well (and puking a little) today after my Panini there, I'm not sure if I want to eat there again. I took a nap when the kids did and luckily I felt progressively better. I did ask the lady for tap water and it made me wonder if she gave me toilet water instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment