Friday, October 30, 2015

Pinkeye and Decorating Pumpkins

Ethan woke up Wednesday morning with some goop in his eye. He had a cold and claimed that he got some snot in his eye. Pinkeye crossed my mind but it wasn't that bad yet and I thought, maybe his eye is just a little irritated. But then Wednesday night more mucousy goop appeared in his eye. Several phone calls later, I spoke with a doctor and got him to write an Rx for Ethan that we picked up right before they closed at 6pm and went to ASDA to get the drops. So poor Ethan had to stay home from school on Thursday and Friday right before the school holiday (I'm sure they totally think we are playing hooky and extended our vacation a bit. Not the case this time...). It was incredibly hard to try and keep that kid from touching everything (including his sis). Thursday we rented the new Cinderella movie from the library. I thought it was really well done and had a great message: "Have courage and be kind". Friday Ethan watched his Top Gear episodes twice, we got some money exchanged for Euros for our trip, I attempted to check in for our Ryanair flight and had to call them TWICE to enable us to do so but finally got the departure and return tickets printed (don't get me started on those morons...) and then that evening we painted our pumpkins. We looked at some ideas on a Red Tricycle email and Ethan wanted to do a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle pumpkin.

I don't know why I bother laying out paper on the floor because the paint goes everywhere but the paper (the floor, themselves, etc). Oh well, they had a great time!


Example A. Caught in the act: One is about to taste paint while the other has taken to painting himself directly. :)


A million wet wipes later, cleaned up with our finished masterpieces:


Chris has been working super long days all week and has had a nasty cough so we are all ready for a vacation! I think I am the only healthy one out of the bunch right now (Hailey has a cold too). Here's Hailey with her first pigtails (she pulled them out two seconds later). It is impossible to do anything with her hair right now because she pulls clips and bands out right away but every once in awhile I try.


No comments:

Post a Comment