Sunday, October 4, 2015

Fall weekend Bike ride and Park date with Charlie

Saturday we biked to Sandbanks (8mi ride altogether) in the sun.

Hailey starts her swim lessons on Monday so we tried on her swimsuits. She has such a long torso that a lot of them don't fit (and the tankinis turned into bikinis)! I don't think I will be buying swimsuits at consignment stores and on sale in advance anymore (some of these still have tags on and were never worn!)--lesson learned that swimsuits (and jeans!) need to be tried on at the time! And I think tankinis are out altogether, they never seem to be long enough for this tall girl! I took pics because she was cracking me up modelling the swimsuits when she was trying them on.

A little on the small side but was $1 so we'll make it work for awhile:


Haha, not so much. She would end up with a burn line around her waist in Greece: 



Whoohoo, we have a winner:


Sunday we met Ethan's friend Charlie from preschool (and his mom and baby sister). Chris' kite boarding lessons got cancelled so he joined us as well (Ethan was so excited that Chris could join us and meet his buddy Charlie). It's too bad they aren't at the same school, they are such buddies! I really like his mom too (but I wasn't positive on her name so I had to just say "This is Chris."





Wild thing with her black boots on top of her zebra PJ's (and later she added Ethan's dinosaur belt):




I was totally craving pumpkin bread or other pumpkin flavored sweet baked items on this crisp fall day but they don't seem to sell them here (or canned pumpkin)! I did however get a pumpkin spiced latte at Starbucks today-glad they have those!

Tonight we finally tried Chez Fred-Chris got fish and chips, I got chicken nuggets, fish cake and a potato cake and the kids tried a breaded sausage:


 Yummy fried goodness!

Ethan has been a coloring feign lately. He calls it his "job", it is hilarious! In the morning he says, "well, I've got a lot of work to do today" or at night "I didn't get much work done today." Silly boy, I remind him that coloring is for fun and he doesn't have to color unless he feels like it! Hailey says "yeah" all the time but in different tones so contextually it can be really funny. That girl chats nonstop. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment