Friday, October 9, 2015

Friends

Believe it or not, I have 4 friends here now! :) We met up with Hannah (and Charlie and Paige) on Sunday, I had coffee with Katie at Starbucks (ah, PSL and chai with another Seattlite-felt like home) in Westbourne Wednesday, went to the park near the school (ha, never knew this was there-handy location to run off some steam/kill some time before din) with Danielle and Aiden Wednesday and then met Margie at the Lilliput French Bakery on Thursday after H's Baby Ballet class:


Ethan's BFF Aiden is a really nice kid:


Here's his mom (my super friendly friend Danielle) pushing the kids:


Chris and Margie were saying not to wear anything with Union Jack on it this weekend in Dublin. We really don't have much-Hailey has a windbreaker but it's too cold for that anyways. I spotted this guy in a head to toe Union Jack ensemble right after meeting Margie for coffee and an almond croissant (where we had had just discussed the Union Jack thing):


Here's lookin' at you kid:

She'd happily eat it if she could:

Hanging out after swim class (this was Hailey's idea):


It was Hailey's last day of her 3week trial at Baby Ballet. I think we are going to stop. The normal rate is kind of expensive (especially with over $6 tacked on each week to take the bus there) and to be honest Miss Emily (the teacher)'s over enunciated baby voice was starting to drive me batty. It was fun to try and Hailey had fun but I think her new swim class is enough. Hailey was starting to get better at following directions and looking to see what the teacher was doing so that is good!

Oh, last thing! My latest discovery--
www.sky scanner.net!!
I meant to be researching Dublin for our trip this weekend but somehow got off on this tangent booking an Alps ski trip for early Dec. 

Anyways, I stumbled across this awesome search engine in the process and booked the trip in a fraction of the time (I had already spent hours putting different dates, times and locations into different airline websites and search engines with no luck.) And then this website helped me find super cheap fares on the dates I wanted with one query. Ha, they are not paying me to endorse them, I am just their new biggest fan. I'm going to start using it all the time--in US too! You can put in dates and be vague about where you are leaving from (all UK airports) and where you want to go (it will give you all sorts of options for possible destinations) and it shows you all sorts of possibilities for cheap flights on those dates! So cool! I wish I had used it sooner!

Just booked tickets to Milan (direct, out of London Stansted) for the Alps in early Dec. Before seat assignments and paying for bags, it came to $150USD TOTAL for 4RT airplane tickets on Ryanair! And after, it was like $280USD (that would be cheap just for one ticket!). Just going for a 3day weekend so it will be a lot of time spent just getting there and back but oh well! Excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment