Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Rain and More Rain


It was been pouring rain for days now. It's getting a little old. Tuesday we ventured to the gym and got utterly soaked on the 2mi walk home, even with the kids in their rain suits!


We kept busy playing with Legos (this is a T Rex with a gun and a tree and 2 flowers nearby):


And baked:

Fruit pizza:

Raspberry Bars:


I was totally craving the fruit pizza. It was difficult to find some things (no prepared sugar cookie rolls or frozen whipped topping) but I found another recipe to made the sugar cookie crust and use Philly Cream cheese, sugar and vanilla for the topping. Oh and I purchased creme fraiche thinking it was the sweet topping we get when we order the Swedish pancakes with berries and creme fraiche at the Maltby Cafe (my fave) back home. I did think it was odd when it suggested putting it on top of jacket potatoes. Turns out, it is like sour cream! Good thing I tasted a spoonful first! Ha, we couldn't find sour cream at the store a different time and that would be why! 

The kids took a 3+hr nap and it was great because I was able to clean the whole house in prep for my parent's arrival Wed (and Lexie's fam visiting right after that).

Then today we watched "Back to the Future" and then ran errands when the rain stopped and the sun finally came out. Ha, we got all ready to go after lunch and the minute we opened the door, it started raining again of course. I swear, that happens to us all the time!

We definitely had to go play outside! We got apps and dinner ready and were waiting for my parents to arrive between 6-7 but got a call from them at 7 saying their flight got delayed due to thunder in London and that they lost one of their bags so it will probably be more like 9:30.  Sounded like a long day!



Hailey kept getting all excited and squealing at her drawings, it was funny.




No comments:

Post a Comment