Saturday, March 21, 2015

Wimborne Minster and Market

Today we rode with Chris into Wimborne (he worked a half day and we explored the town of Wimborne). Conveniently, it was market day in Wimborne Square so we perused the market first thing.


I found all of these tasty things I wanted to buy: orange chocolate chai tea bags, fancy olives, pastries, meat pies, unique fruits and vegetables (purple broccoli thing and this veg that is a mix between cauliflower and broccoli):

Only I was down to 1 Pound and 97 Pence. I bought some ginormous (some are seriously fist-size in width) carrots and then attempted to go to the ATM to take out some money. And then two other ATM's and stood in line for a teller. No luck. So I need to call my bank because obviously they have froze my debit card (Dangit, I know better and should have called to let them know we'd be out of the country but in the craziness, it totally
slipped my mind this time.) Then there is the other problem that is my new phone company--Lycamobile... I have been trying all week to simply start a new phone plan and they have made it way more complicated than it should be. So now I have to sort that out in order to be able to call the bank in WA. Tuesday I put in the new SIM card with 1Pound of credit and then registered online. After researching all the options, it wouldn't take my credit card (I KNOW this credit card works too, I have been using it for groceries and other purchases here.)  We tried maybe 3 times and it locked us out and said to call. So the next day I tried to call and it either ended the call or would say for me to press 1 for English over and over (and pressing 1 did nothing). So then I emailed only they sent me some dumb form letter reply a few days later that didn't address my specific questions and suggested that I try calling again. (Really?!) So I tried again today and got through and gave them my credit card and all my info only to have it denied again and tell me I needed to contact their CS number. So I did that and she kept putting me on hold for long periods of time to call others to ask and I kept having to tell her the same basic situation over and over (she just wasn't getting it). And in the end, she wanted me to call some other number (you ARE customer service!) with some code in 24-48hrs so they can determine why my credit card is not going through. UGH. So I finally just went to buy the top up credit at the grocery store (with said credit card) and gave up on doing a monthly plan. Only when I went to load it on my phone it said my phone couldn't make the call to load it because it was out of credit. This is the definition of insanity! You are a communications company, get it together! (And I thought Comcast was bad before...) Luckily, it worked after a few tries. Only my bank was closed. I seriously just wasted several hours. At least my phone works now. In the meantime we bought some groceries and I took Ethan to the bathroom twice. Luckily the kids were pretty patient through this ordeal. Hailey took a long nap and we went in the toy store and hung out by the river:

And Ethan ate a bazillion carrots and kettle corn. Speaking of which,check out our latest finds:



Mmm,good. Still need to try the regular popcorn and the chips. As a marketer, I love (and was a sucker for) their packaging and the names, I knew I liked their product already. :) And they were half off, which meant we needed to try them all.

Next, we went to Wimborne Minster, the gorgeous old church that the town is centered around. It was a challenge trying to keep the kids quiet in there but I did my best.






The kids were not exactly being cooperative when this lady offered to take our picture:

So we returned to the square to meet Chris and the market vendors were all packing up so we will have to return another Saturday for our goodies. The kids had fun playing in the telephone booth:



2 comments:

  1. I remember what a hassle getting banking and phones set up was! Glad you got it sorted finally! If you use Skype, you can add credit to your existing skype account and make regular phone calls through them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not the only one! :) ooo, good advice-I bet that is cheaper, I should try that for regular calls as well--thanks Sonja!

    ReplyDelete