Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Checking out Old Town Poole!

Today we took the train one stop into the Poole Quay area to check out the area we are going to live in! The payment/paperwork is being processed at the moment and they will let us know soon when we can move into the townhouse (we will probably move there in a week or so). Will be nice to be a bit more settled and not living out of suitcases. Separate rooms for the kids will be nice too (they keep each other up quite a bit!). I am really excited to move there--we will live right off of High Street, a long pedestrian street lined with pubs, restaurants, fish and chips shops, breweries and shops that ends with this shopping mall (approx. half a mile away). The bike trail is right near there and the main Poole train station is also approx. half a mile away. The Poole Museum and King Charles Pub are literally around the corner, the Slug and Lettuce Pub is a block or two away and you can smell the ocean (just a few blocks away). It feels a little like Ballard (ha, there are even streets named Ballard and Market nearby) except older brick buildings lining the streets. 





Ethan has been super helpful/cheerful today. He played with the pigeons for a bit and then we discovered the Pound Store. 

Ooo, it's a good one! He wheeled the little shopping cart around and picked out a little red metal double-decker London bus for his one treat. 

It was funny because he was saying on his own, "nah, we don't need that." Yah, finally (this time anyways) he isn't trying to get everything in the store. We picked up an 8pk of travel Kleenex, night lights, books, activity books, Easter baskets, milk, Neoprene iPad case, etc. I totally need to go back there to fill the Easter baskets. They even had bike locks etc. Cheap thrills. :) And my new finds:

I wasn't sure if I'd like the fish and chips snacks but it turns out they are addictive! Like goldfish but bigger (but more buttery like Chicken in a Biscuit crackers) and Salt and Vinegar flavored. My mouth is going to be raw after eating these, I'm sure. I was surprised to discover that both kids like them as well. I haven't tried the Cadbury brunch bars yet but I haven't met a Cadbury that I didn't like. :) 

I also swung by Marks and Spencer and picked up a fun spring sweater-I couldn't resist.

I had a really good latte at Cafe Nero. I spotted a little slice of Seattle (the town's Starbucks):

Here is Ethan in front of a mini door:

And I totally botched the word "Thames" when I was asking someone about the street. Apparently the "h" is silent. It was more than that though too... Sounds like "tums":
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ysw_Woy3-Ko

No comments:

Post a Comment