Monday, May 25, 2015

A few random things

We tried this last week and it went over well. Hailey had three helpings and ate as much as I did!


These are called "Man size tissues" and are huge tissues. Cracked me up! Chris is a big fan!


The kids loved our new bubble horn from Poundland (I thought Hailey might have an easier time with this kind):




Remember this? Looks like fields full of yellow flowers but Chris and I figured it must be a crop of some sort? It's everywhere! Chris coincidentally came across an article about it on NPR. Turns out it is rapeseed. In the US, the name "rapeseed" did not go over well (it sounds terrible, when I kept seeing it here, my mind automatically put a "G" at the beginning at first, without even realizing it) and we know it as canola oil. Only most of our version is GMO. (I always thought canola oil was corn related but what do I know).  England has made rapeseed a huge gourmet industry and have different varieties, virgin etc. like you see with olive oil. So interesting!

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/04/30/403041486/how-british-farmers-are-making-rapeseed-canola-posh-and-flavorful





No comments:

Post a Comment