Thursday, July 30, 2015

Toy shopping, White Cliffs Play Area and Penny

The other day, the weather was crappy and so I took Hailey to a few toy stores. Just for fun and to see what she gravitated towards. Her birthday is a little over three months away and I got her the little Paddington with wellies on (since this girl loves her wellies and I thought it would be a good memento as well from her time in the UK). I put him in her hood at the store and it was fun to watch her go in circles. I'm easily amused. :)


She seems to gravitate to machinery and things with dogs (there were these things called Pet Patrol which were dogs driving these little machines carrying gadgets that popped out at the push of a button that she really liked). And then she latched on to some fairy book randomly and I quickly paid £1.25 to appease the girl (we were heading the meet Margie for lunch and she was on the verge of breakdown central). 

When I went to pick up Ethan from school, one of his teachers was telling me that it was so cute that there is this little girl (Penny) that Ethan helps open up different containers in her lunch. I asked him if this was the same girl that was bringing him his water so they were helping each other out. (But I think it is actually two different girls). Then that night he was randomly talking about when he gets married how he is going to have a big party with dancing and he was listing off all the people he was going to invite. Hmm, must be on the brain...

We tried this Toad in the Hole (really we all just had fun yelling out "Toad in the Hole!"). Sausages in Yorkshire pudding...it's the kids' dream come true:


Thursday we were graced with sun (it still was only in the upper 60s but whatever, we'll take it) so Hailey and I took a stroll down the Poole pier waterfront path to the White Cliffs Play Area. It really is a cool kids play area-check this out:









Little miss independent was running all over the place like a wild woman and didn't want any help doing anything. Ethan had his "Leavers Prom" (all the kids that are moving on to reception come back for their end of the year luau themed party). Ethan was excited to have everyone back (There are hardly any kids in there now since school ended a few weeks ago and most kids' funding is gone. Ethan started three weeks later so he got three additional weeks.). He was thrilled to see Charlie again but was disappointed that Penny was not there.

Here is Poole Park lake that reminds me of Greenlake:


Haha, green slime and all (which reminded me of Ryan and I's slimey swim in Greenlake years ago that wrecked our swimsuits after they were coated in green slime): 


We picked up a few decorations for daddy's birthday. Look at the lungs on this girl! (Kidding, it just looks like she is blowing it up.)


These rocket balloons are bigger than she is!


Just lounging while eating:


I finally (finally!) was successful in booking childcare for the class/time I wanted (going to try out Insanity class and Legs, Bums, Tums) for next Thurs (I called at 8:55 and the creche opens at 9). Such a goat rope to book the childcare (hopefully it's only this difficult during the school breaks!) and call to book classes. England and their dang reservations for everything!

Ethan has actually been listening much better and following directions at swim class (finally-hallelujah!) the past few weeks. Last week, I was sitting next to the mom of (what used to be) little miss perfect and I couldn't help but smile inside when the teacher was telling the little girl, "Do it like Ethan is doing it." When does that ever happen? A little role-reversal. :) Ha, don't get me wrong, he's not that close to swimming or anything but I'm happy that he is listening and trying and enjoying himself. Hailey on the other hand was flirting with the lifeguard. I kid you not. She was making eyes at him and smiling and looking away playfully. That girl...

We got "Dispicable Me 2" from the library (and ordered the first one from another branch) and watched it. I figured we should see it since this "Minions" movie came out last month and apparently takes place in London and there are minions things everywhere! Such a cute movie!! (We're a little behind.)

No comments:

Post a Comment