Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Heat Wave

Ethan: "Why does Hailey always want to wear one shoe and one boot? I love her for that. She is funny." 


He also said, "Last time I threw up it was because a bug flew into my mouth." Haha, I can understand the confusion.

And he asked me, "Do you know what they call cleaning up here? Tidy Up Time." Too funny.  Apparently Ethan has a little admirer that keeps bringing him his water throughout the day at preschool. :)

It's been in the 70s (and hit 80 on Thurs.) all week which has been great. We donned shorts all week and even got out the water balloons. And purchased some rocket Popsicles:





We are headed to Paris on Friday morning and it is going to be HOT! For awhile, every time I checked the weather it would go up! Check this out:


It has since come down to like 99 Fri. and Sat. I don't know why 90s seems so much better than a few degrees higher in the 100's. Either way it is dang hot and we will have to visit places with AC and find a fountain to go sit in! I checked with the loft owner (AirBNB we are staying at in Paris) and the place doesn't have AC but she was going to purchase a fan for us. Whew! That is, if we make it there! Apparently there have been strikers setting fire to the Eurostar tracks in France twice this week (causing delays and cancellations). Hopefully not on Fri! I can almost taste the crepes and pastries!

Saturday is the 4th of July and the other day Ethan asked me if they were going to do fireworks here in England. So I had to explain why we celebrate the 4th and tell him not to mention it here. :)

I was just sitting next to a cute old lady on the bench reading the newspaper with a magnifying glass. :)

I found out this morning that the little creche (I use them at least twice a week to watch Hailey while I do Zumba or Pilates at the gym) is closing down for good! Oh man, now what? I have paid for my gym membership through early Dec.! 





I scored these Eco diapers at the store for half price today (way cheaper than regular diapers even). The fellow that helped me get some off the top shelf said, "I don't know if they'll let you buy this many (8packs)." I said, "Why? I didn't see anything saying "limit one per person"." These English and their rules. Well, they did let me buy all of them-our stroller was quite weighted down (thank goodness I bought carabiner clips to hold groceries). 

No comments:

Post a Comment